Saturday, June 13, 2009

I'll try to make this as vague as possible.

Now I know I signed a paper upon my hiring at Company "X" that I wouldn't blog or do any "social networking" about the company in a disparaging way, so I'll try to keep this as vague as possible:

My wife works at the same company ("X") that I do, but in another district. We aren't allowed to work in the same store or district. I don't have a problem with that, the problem lies with her district manager.

My wife won awards back home and recognition from the President of Store Operations for the excellent job she does. She took a backwards store and turned it into the top store in her district. She had her pick of jobs and chose South West Florida to live by the beach. She has busted her heiney to get where she is and I'm in awe, really.

So, upon arrival at this store which was deemed in dire need of help because of past indiscretions of managers, the place was a wreck, the employees had been trained by a moron, and hence, the place was running on fumes, as it were.

Enter my wife. She cracked down on them, and still is, trying to re-train these people. They aren't morons, well, some are, but they are quitting when they realize she isn't about to let them continue slacking the way they have been for a long time.

The store looks to me 100% better than when she arrived two months ago. But this district manager, who, by the way, has never spent one minute as a store manager. Just goes "by the book", even when that book doesn't apply to the situation at hand.

I really want to "stomp a mudhole in his a**" as they say back in Kentucky, but that really wouldn't solve anything.

All I know is this: My wife used to love her job. She had creative outlet in merchandising her products and it worked! She turned a loser store into a multimillion dollar winner. She bonused in the top tier every time. Now, she dreads going in. This District Manager keeps her so torn up about this and that, that she is ready to pack up and leave. I won't let him beat her. If he does...well, I'll leave it at that. Glad to vent in your collective ears, blogmates. I don't even know if anyone ever reads these, but it's good to get it off my chest, I suppose. Toodles, all.

No comments: