Wednesday, February 27, 2008

And now for something completely different...

Well, I'm going to get all existential on yer arses...I've got some poetry, some are mine, some aren't, I'll let you know the difference...so without further ado..."The House" and it's mine:

The House

Walking thru the woods one night
I happened on a house,
No fire burned, no lights were on
It was as quiet as a mouse.

It seemed no one had lived there
for quite a long, drawn spell.
The bushes long neglected,
the green grass long as well.

Who had lived inside these walls
No bigger than a shack?
The lives it sheltered called to me
My mind went racing back...

Who were the children long ago,
playing on the swinging tire?
Whose hands, cold with frost
Were warmed around the fire?

What joys and sorrows came and went
in this house upon the hill?
I have no answer to this question
And perhaps I never will.

It's secrets hidden to me
Beneath these scraps of tar and wood.
For time has shadowed all it's past
Beneath it's velvet hood.

As I leave this quiet place,
It's secrets still to know
I feel a little sadness
For these long forgotten souls.


Well, there you go on that one...Let's keep things going with my very own "Brick by Brick"...psychological evaluations in the comments, please...lol

Brick by Brick

I build my wall, brick by brick
Never too high, never too thick.
There are no doors to get inside
Because in here, I try to hide.

Walls are hard to build
When you try to build alone
But it seems that they're the strongest
For it is our mind's home.

These walls aren't made of stone,
No mortar holds them fast
But imaginary walls
Are the one's that are built to last.

And sometimes someone comes along
Tall enough to look inside,
So I build my wall even higher,
So inside I can hide

Will one day someone come along
To chip away my stones?
For I fear all they will find inside
Are my cold and lonely bones.

Well, there you go, my emo moment for the day...Smoke break anyone? No? Good, let's press on...let's hear from the "Night Hunter" from my tweested mind....

Above the trees he soars
in the cold, night air
Leather wings beat thickly
stirring the fallen leaves.

He lands upon the craggy rock twin curls
of smoke plume from his nose.
Shepherds in the valley below
Backs to a log, drifting off
Oblivious to the eyes upon them
Hungrily staring at the herd.

Finally the moment arrives
Leaping from the precipice
Wings outstretched, eyes focused
The only thing betraying him is
The rush of air over his wings

One sheep raises it's ears
To a sound bred in him to fear
A plaintive cry escapes from him
as he is lifted to the heavens.

Forever silenced in the
Massive jaws of the beast.

Quiet reigns again in the glade
Shepherds hurrying the flock
His hunger sated, he returns home
Until next he feeds...

Lock up the sheep! That one was a little weird, but I've got a book full of these things and I'm a-posting them...Here's my "Ocean Blue"...

Ocean blue
Lapping at the shore
timeless in age
Secrets hidden in your depths

What grand life
you harbor in your busom
what hidden treasures
do you have yet to reveal?

All things spring from you
Watched over by Poseidon
Does our future lie within you
As surely as our past?

My toes have only dipped
into your glory
Many answers
can I question...


Keeping the ball rolling, here's my "Mother Earth"...

Celestial Orb
Spinning slowly
Dynamic sphere
Hurtling thru the ether

Ball of life
Mother to us all
We dig into her
She cries out in pain

She will gather her strength
Heal herself
Or simply shrug us off like a pest
Time will tell...

My fingers are falling off...but finally, here's one that isn't my original, author unknown, but I like it...it's called "Grandfather Oak"...it's kind of pagan-y, but I'm open minded, are you?

Grandfather Oak

Rooted deep in Mother Earth
The oak guards the circle
A great one in a grove of natives
Standing tall and proud and wise.

He has seen much, season after season,
He has captured the rain
Danced in the breeze,
Recovered from the flames of a runaway bonfire.

Regenerated limbs and leaves
His spine is bent, but solid
His strength is unsurpassed

He is the watcher in the night
He has borne witness to our rites
Drank of our wine Partaken of our smoke
Trusted us with his mysteries

He has been a refuge for
A nest of newborns,
A multitude of spiders and webs
A staghorn fern as wide as his span
An orphan squirrel with tiger eyes.

Grandfather Oak, we honor thee
And all your cousins in distant forests
Old growth holds ancient wisdom
Rooted deep in Mother Earth..


Well, that's it for today...enjoy!





No comments: